SMART Social Innovation Competition (SIC)
SMART START project is opening a public call for innovative ideas related to both Objective 1 and Objective 3 of Smart Start project – to support innovative ideas of CSOs therefore strengthening long-term financial sustainability and impact of selected CSOs, but most importantly, to promote innovative, entrepreneurial way of thinking of CSOs.
WIN 3.500 € FOR
YOUR SOCIAL IDEA
WHAT & WHEN?
SMART Social Innovation Competition (SIC) focuses on social innovation for solving social problems within community(ies) in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey.
The Call for applying will be opened
from 10th of November to
07th of December 2016
***NEW DEADLINE IS 16th OF DECEMBER 2016***
Smart Start project is launching a competition for the best social innovations ideas, where five grants would be awarded by grants. Granting will go as per one initiative awarded per country.
SMART START project is calling for innovations in products, technologies, services and models that can support problem solving on local and/or national levels. Innovations can relate to any aspect including, but not limited to, ideas around:
- education and skills development;
- employment and entrepreneurship;
- conceive new technologies or propose smarter use of existing technologies for the benefit of society;
- generate new solutions and approaches for societal challenges of today and the future;
WHO CAN(N’T) APPLY?
This call is opened for:
- Civil Society Organizations (CSOs);
- Non formal groups within CSOs;
- Individuals with idea to cooperate with CSOs to solve a social problem through innovations;
Who can’t apply?
- CSOs who are already involved in Smart Start social entrepreneurship program.
- Individuals without cooperation with networks or CSO(s).
HOW TO APPLY?
Hit the button! Send your application in local language using the APPLY button below.
Once Call is closed, Smart Start will send them through:
- First phase: Selection committees will be established in five countries and select 5 semifinalists from each country. These 25 selected ideas will go for online voting.
- Second phase: Online voting will be opened for 10 days and will determine 1 winner per country. SMART START will promote 25 selected ideas through website (main tool voting), official Smart Start Facebook page, Twitter account and Instagram, where all votes will be counted within procedures defined by Smart Start. Five winners will be awarded!
- In case of not reporting possible impact on selection committees or conflict of interests, either Applicant either committee member will be disqualified.
- In case of using any tools for collecting online votes, idea/applicant will be automatically disqualified.
Five grants, one per country, will be awarded in amount of 3.500 EUR each.